Thrive Support & Advocacy is an entrepreneurial and progressive nonprofit empowering children and adults with developmental disabilities to lead rich, active and self-directed lives. We seek a dynamic and innovative team member to become our Family Support Coordinator. Our Family Support department provides hope, information, advocacy, and one-to-one support to parents of children with developmental and intellectual disabilities receiving services under the DDS guidelines. You will become part of a great team supporting our mission, values and strategic plan while enjoying a flexible schedule.
- Develop, implement, and monitor personalized plans of care with input from the individual and family based on the desired outcomes, and personal preferences within budget.
- Utilize available resources in combination with other formal and informal supports and services to meet the needs of the individual.
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual contact (via phone or face-to-face) with individuals and families to discuss progress toward achieving goals identified in their support plan.
- Ensure case management notes and progress reports are documented properly.
- Assist individuals and their families in coordinating, selecting, and taking ownership of their support plans.
- For Case Management, coordinate scheduled supervision, staff meetings, evaluations, and ensure schedules are appropriate to the needs of the individual(s).
- Complete / check all documentation of appointment(s) and distribute as appropriate to other providers (Dept. of Developmental Services, DDS), and monitor scheduling of routine and follow up appointments (i.e., medical, dental, counselor, psych, etc.)
- Monitor scheduling of staff across the program to ensure hours are being met
- Assist individuals in Self-Advocacy, decision making, and empowerment.
- Ensure that the individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Thrive’s Human Rights Policy.
- Review and complete monthly Family Support service delivery report.
- Serve as a liaison with other care providers and attend all necessary meetings and trainings.
- Liaison to DDS and Individuals in Family Support who are living on their own in the Individual Support model.
- Assist with Mass Health, Food Stamps, Social Security, etc. and complete all necessary documentation and paperwork required.
- Work closely with senior staff members to ensure excellent communication and seamless collaboration.
- Assist with the DESE coordination, assisting families creating their self directed goals.
5+ years’ relevant experience working in a nonprofit organization with DDS funding.
Excellent administrative, organizational and management ability within a diverse workforce.
Proficient analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, including a demonstrated ability to view challenges as opportunities and to proactively identify and implement solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible.
Excellent interpersonal communication (writing, speaking, etc.) and organizational skills
Superb technology skills required including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Willingness to be flexible and work as part of a team to promote strategic goals and annual objectives.
Ability to manage several complex tasks at once while maintaining professional composure and delivering superior outcomes.
Learn more about us at www.icanthrive.org