Direct Care Professional
Thrive Support & Advocacy is an entrepreneurial and progressive nonprofit human service organization empowering children and adults with developmental disabilities to lead rich, active, and self-directed lives. We are currently seeking caring and compassionate individuals for full time direct care positions at our group homes located in the Marlborough community. Direct care staff are responsible for assisting residents with their activities of daily living; accompanying them to medical appointments; shopping; preparing meals and attending social activities in the community. Thrive will provide all necessary training such as CPR, First Aid, Med Administration (MAP), Human Rights, etc.
We are currently hiring for the following shifts:
Sunday 8am-10pm; Monday 2pm-10pm; Tuesday 1pm-10pm & Wednesday 1pm-10pm.
Wednesday 1pm-10pm; Thursday 1pm-10pm; Friday 2pm-10pm & Saturday 8am-10pm
Learn more about our organization and be a part of a great team. www.icanthrive.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protect and safeguard individuals’ human rights and dignity.
- Demonstrate a high regard for each person’s values, expectations, and goals.
- Display professional attitude and behavior; be courteous, empathetic, helpful and positive in all interpersonal actions. Be an active listener and a proactive communicator.
- Provide a person-centered approach, seeking feedback and input from individuals served.
- Assist individuals with personal care routine including dressing, undressing, hygiene, toileting and other activities of daily living.
- Assist individuals with medication administration.
- Assist individuals with housekeeping duties and in developing adaptive and independent living skills.
- Maintain individuals’ confidentiality and follow all mandated reporting procedures.
- Communicate with other team members regarding any changes in regulations, policies and procedures and general information pertaining to individuals served.
- Monitor individuals’ progress towards goals outlined in Individual Service Plans (ISPs) and behavior plans.
- Be a positive role model and mentor.