Thrive Support & Advocacy is an entrepreneurial and progressive nonprofit human service organization empowering children and adults with developmental disabilities to lead rich, active, and self-directed lives. We are currently seeking a caring and compassionate individuals for direct care position at our group home settings in the Marlborough community. Assisting the residents with their ADL’s, taking them to medical appointments, shopping, preparing a meal and attending social activities in the community. Thrive will provide the necessary training, CPR, First Aid, Med Administration, etc. Opportunity for Part-Time and Full-Time shifts, please indicate what you prefer.
Learn more about our organization where you can be part of a great team. www.icanthrive.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protect and safeguard individuals’ human rights and dignity.
- Demonstrate a high regard for each person’s values, expectations, and goals of their families and staff.
- Display professional attitude and behavior; be courteous, empathetic, helpful and positive in all interpersonal actions. Be an active listener and a proactive communicator.
- Provide a person-centered approach seeking feedback and input from individuals served.
- Assist individuals with personal care including dressing, undressing, hygiene, toileting and other activities of daily living.
- Assist individuals with medication administration.
- Assist individuals with housekeeping duties and in developing adaptive and independent living skills.
- Maintain individuals’ confidentiality and follow all mandated reporting procedures.
- Communicate with other team members regarding any changes in regulations, policies and procedures and general information pertaining to individuals served.
- Monitor individuals’ progress towards goals outlined in Individual Service Plans (ISPs) and behavior plans.
- Be a positive role model and a mentor.